How can I raise a child safeguarding concern?

If you have a concern about the welfare of any child or the behaviour of an adult towards any child you should, without delay, contact:

  • A club welfare officer.  Email Aaron Jolley - [email protected]
  • your county or regional welfare officer (bottom of page)
  • Swim England National Child Safeguarding Team:
    1. Joanne Garey, National Safeguarding Officer Email: [email protected]; or tel: 01509 640270
    2. Jenni Dearman, National Child Safeguarding Manager Tel: 01509 640270
    3. Keith Oddy, Independent Child Protection Officer Tel: 01509 640270
  • Swimline – this is the Swim England/NSPCC Child Protection Helpline on 0808 100 4001

In an emergency

If you believe a child has been harmed or may be at immediate risk of harm, and you are unable to contact your welfare officer or the Swim England safeguarding team please make immediate contact with an appropriate agency, such as:

  • The Police
  • Children’s Services
  • Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
  • Local Authority Designated officer (LADO)
  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline

Take the name and contact details of the person you have spoken to, plus the incident / referral reference number (if applicable) so you have a record of the advice they give. Then report this to the club welfare officer and the Swim England safeguarding team the next working day.

County and Regional Welfare Officers

County Welfare Officer – Cheryll Ellis – [email protected]
Regional Welfare Officer – Jo Pavey – [email protected]

Other Contacts
Local Authority Designated Officer(LADO) – 03330 139 797
Children’s Social Care – 0345 606 1212
NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit – 0116 366 5626 – email [email protected]
NSPCC Helpline – 0808 800 5000
Childline – 0800 1111
Youngminds – 0808 802 5544
Mind – 0300 123 3393
Samaritans – 116 123
Useful links
Mental Health Links

Internet Safety Links